About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 9 November 2020

Xciting!!

We are nearly there with our alphabet challenges, and this week is X. I'm afraid this one is a bit of a cop out, as all I could think of was X-fold card.

So, here is my X-fold card, made using instructions from Beccy's Place. I made it larger than the one show there, starting with 8x8 card.

  

 I used Crafter's Companion Shabby Chic double sided card, and scored it in half each way, then diagonally down one of the resulting squares.

 

I then cut out diagonally opposite corner section, leaving a tab. 


I folded along the diagonal making a mountain, and then along the straight edges to make valleys.

  

You need to make four of these, and then glue to create three sided "boxes".

  

These are then glued together - apart from the last two - making sure the diagonal folds are on the base each time. This allows everything to fold up.

I used more of the Shabby Chic card for matting and layering inside, and decorated with pieces from Hunkydory In Full Plume Pretty Peacocks. Some of the flowers are cut from that card, using Crafter's Companion Garden of Love 3D Layered Daisy, and others are paper ones from my stash. The ribbon needs to be attached before the outside topper.


 



Happy crafting,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx