About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 23 November 2020

Zzzzzzzzzz!!

Yes - we are finally at Z!! These last few letters of the alphabet have really been a challenge!! But here is my double Z fold card with (a very poor attempt at) a Zinnia.

I used Beccy's Place tutorial, but cut my card (Crafter's Companion double sided A3 card - Polka Dots and Gingham) at 11"x6" and 11"x3". Both were still scored at 2.75" and 5.5". The mats and layers were cut from Core'dinations and Snow White Centura Pearl - which was embossed with CC Sugar and Spice A4 Delicate Floral embossing folder.

To make the zinnia, I kind of followed the instructions by Dream Posy, but to be fair, I tried to make short cuts, so it didn't really end up that good. 

I cut the petal shapes using CC Garden of Love 3D Layered Daisy, and English Country Garden Lazy Daisy, and coloured white stamens with Spectrum Noir GB6 pen. The centre of the flower was cut from Core'dinations card with CC Fringe Flower die, and rolled using a quilling tool and red tape, encapsulating a piece of floral wire inside.



 

The stamens were hot glued onto the outside of this - which was probably the main problem - I don't like the way they ended up looking. The flowers were cut in half, and then hot glued around the outside.


When this was complete, I cut off the end of the floral wire, and covered the bottom with green floral tape. The flower was attached to the front of the card, and a sentiment cut with Sara Signature Flutterby Simplistic Sentiments was stuck in the middle. 

  

Happy crafting,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx