About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 21 September 2020

Q is for Question??

It's a new fortnight - and a new challenge from us at Use Your Craft Stash. We're onto Q and R - and Q really did pose questions, as all the admin team were scratching our heads a bit. That said, I managed to scrape up 2. So here is my patchwork Quilt card with Crafter's Companion Quilling flowers. 

I originally searched for quilted paper and came across this video showing how to make some.  And then I realised that she very generously had a freebie on her blog. So I have used this to create the background paper. 

I embossed a piece of creamy yellow vellum with an old Crafter's Companion CD called Flower Stitch, as it also has a patchwork quilt effect, and it helped to mute the background without covering it. 

The flowers are made using a combination of Crafter's Companion Quilling dies - some from the very first release (Die'sire) and some from the more recent release (Gemini). The old ones are: Sunflower (large and small), Leaf 1 and 2; the new ones are Gardenia (large and small), and Traditional and Universal Stamen.  

I always use two layers of each flower (as shown in the first picture), and then interweave the petals (as shown in the second). I use a stamen, wound using a quilling tool, then add the smaller of the petals before (if needed) the larger or the petals.


The sentiment is Classique Only Words, and I finished it off with twine (from an old Sara Signature collection) and flat backed pearls.

This is definitely a tricky one - but we look forward to seeing your takes on it. 

Happy crafting.

Cxxx


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and design Carole, beautifully done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, and a great choice for Q. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx