About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 30 October 2014

Elegance!!!

Am all crafted out for today, so decided to share with you my very last two cupcake boxes. Both of these were made with the absolutely gorgeous Elegance card that sold out before the templates even aired on TV. I just love this card - it lives up to it's name!!
Sara showed this first one on Create and Craft - and I have to say that it is one of my favourites. It's a single cupcake presentation box, and I decided to try something a little different with this one and put it through my Grand Calibur to cut the aperture with an Essentials Scalloped Rectangle. It did work - but is not without its problems. You have to fold the edges in to get it through - and you end up with the imprints of those folded over edges. But you can disguise them - it just depends whether you think it's worth the downside. 
I just love the colours of this card - the pale gold tones with the white. Just beautiful! I decided to add a little bucket filled with florist's oasis and paper flowers - and sit it in a wrapper cut with the Daisy die. The bow and sentiment are from the CD, and I used the Essentials dies to cut the hearts. 

The second box is made with the same card - this time it's a favour box. The rosette and heart motif are from the CD. I decide to use it for the topper as well. This time I used some soft gold pearl card from my stash to cut the wrapper - again with the Daisy die.
So, that's all my Birthday week makes. Am busy with a lot of other stuff at the moment - lots of great things coming up. But in the meantime, thanks for popping by. And if you do not already follow my blog - then please feel free to do so either directly on Blogger, through Bloglovin', via my Papercraft by Carole Facebook page, by email, or on Pinterest.

Be back soon,
Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx