About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Wedding Hearts!!

Hello - back again with the second of the trio of wedding cards. The customer had seen some of my other wedding cards - and we decided to go with the fab Dreamweaver Heart Rose stencil. And to use the same colour scheme as for the previous card.
To colour the embossing paste I mixed DoCrafts Artiste Acrylic Paints in Dusty Rose, Tea Pink and Burnt Umber. I added this to Dreamweaver Pearlescent Paste, and bulked it out with some structure paste from Lidl. I do this because adding paint to the paste makes it runnier - and this can then squidge under the stencil.As well as the Heart Rose stencil, I also used a Dreamweaver 'Congratulations' stencil.  The papers are from Valeriane Digital - Coral Damask

The base and box are Centura Pearl Fresh White, and I embossed the large Centura Pearl square mat with Embossalicious 8x8 Floral Vine folder. I also used the Chantilly Lace corner to emboss the end of one of the oval mats.
A whole host of different Spellbinder dies were used for matting and layering - Grand Squares, Grand Scalloped Squares, Grand Ovals, Grand Scalloped Ovals, Ovals, Scalloped Ovals, Mega Ovals, Mega Scalloped Ovals and Circles. The heart itself was cut with a Splendid Circle, while the flowers are from Bitty Blossoms, with leaves from the Foliage set. The little hearts at the top are XCut!!
There were a few photos to include on the inside of the box base - and the inside of the lid included another of the hearts. The finishing touches include organza ribbon, Creative Expressions Hat Pins, pearls, and pearl hearts.

I would like to enter this into.
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Bingo - Embossing/Die Cuts/Flowers

The third and final one coming soon....
Cxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow, another stunning project! I love this one too! So many wonderful layers of intricate dies and the embossing is stunning! Love the scalloped square base too! Fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding card Carole.Thank you for joining us for our game of Bingo at Crafty Sentiments, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful.Love all the layering of the dies.Your stencilling is so neat!Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx