About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 8 October 2014

A Muster of Peacocks!!!

Am back today with another one of those gift sets I've been making. This one is using the gorgeous Peacock image from Graphicals on Etsy. The set includes a mug mat, a framed quote and an easel card.
I started with the mug mat, and printed the image onto Photo Fabric - great stuff designed for use with inkjet printers. Once dry, the fabric is rinsed in water - supposed to be until it runs clear - but so far I've had no ink run out at all!! Printing it this way makes it so easy to use with other fabrics. 
I used scraps from my stash for the patchwork section, then 'quilted' that to some batting and interfacing (this is because I didn't want the quilting to show on the back. The whole thing was attached to some cotton backing fabric with some bias binding. I keep thinking that I need to invest in one of those machines to make my own, because the colours that I can buy are quite limited. It's one of those things on my wish list. I'm getting better with the corners now - still not great - but definitely better than when I first tried.

The frame was bought from The Range, and the quote found on-line. I put the quote and image together on the computer, then matted and layered it within the frame.
Finally, the card is actually an twisted easel card. I used two 6" square card blanks to create it. The backing papers are from Crafter's Companion Halcyon Days CD, used with a little brown Bazzil for matting and layering. The fancy edges you can see behind the image are Spellbinders Decorative Labels 1, cut from some blue card.
I used the smaller of the labels dies to cut the foundatio pieces for the stopper - and then used a button to raise it up. A little ribbon and more buttons completed the look!!

I would like to enter this into:
Sparkles Monthly Challenge Blog - Things with wings
Tinker-Dream - Sewing (Mug Mat)

Back soon
Cxxx

6 comments:

  1. The gift set is such a great idea. I love the peacock image and you have matched your fabrics and papers to it perfectly. I also love your message in the frame. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous gift set. Love the image and how you've showcased it 3 different ways. Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges this month and Good Luck. We hope you join us again.

    Amy- DT Sparkles Monthly Challenges
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, love the idea of the quilt, great card too, as a matter of fact all the projects that you showcase are just so well matched and so pretty. congrats!. 1st time visiting your blog! If you like challenges, I started a new "Throwback Thursday" challenge at my blog. Hope to see you popping by one of these days!
    hugs form California
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your set is stunning! Such a wonderful idea. I like the colours you've used!! Thanks for sharing your project at Bastel-Traum! Love, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - beautifully put together.

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What for a great projekt you made, I love it. Thanks for sharing it by bastel-traum.ch I hope we see us again :) Hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx