About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 4 October 2014

A little bit of Monkey Business!!

Well maybe not quite monkey business - as my niece would no doubt correct me - Orang Utans are not monkeys but from the great apes!! And as this is her birthday card, I'd better get it correct.

OK - so maybe you think an Orang Utan is a strange image for a 14 year old girl's birthday card!! But it's perfect for her (and actually I wasn't the only one to give her a card with one on) as ever since she could show a real interest in anything, orang utans have been it. She loves primates in general - but her big love has been 'the old man of the forest'. She has her annual pass to Monkey World - and of course an annual adoption of one of their gorgeous residents. 
So, when I saw this digi stamp called 'Stuffed' on the Just Inklined website, I knew it was just what I needed. I printed it onto Neenah Solar White card, and coloured it with my Spectrum Noirs:   TN3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9; Banana - GB1, 3, 4, 6;Hands/Feet/Lips - FS1, 3, 7, 8, 9

I'm not convinced that the face is quite right - but she was chuffed to bits with it - so I'm happy with that. 

The base card is Creative Expressions, the long apricot coloured mat is from a Kanban mini book kit - and was already scalloped. The orange card is from my stash - and I embossed it with Spellbinders Grand Dainty Dots MBossability Folder. The scalloped square behind the image is Create & Craft Textured Effect card, cut with a Spellbinder Nestie. 

All the edging is Rusty Hinge DI, and the letters and numbers were cut with Crafter's Companion Die'sire 1" Alphabet and Numbers dies. I finished off with ribbon and buttons from my stash!!

I would like to enter this into:
A Creative Need - Yellow and Orange
Kitty Bee Designs- Fall Colours 

See you later!!!
Cxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, bet she loved this card and it's so nice to be able to create a card which you know the recipient can relate to.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, a beautiful card. The Orang Utan is coloured perfectly. Hope you have a nice weekend Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card and love that it has her name on it too! Thank you for sharing with us at A Creative Need!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx