About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 20 February 2016

Day 51 - Beautiful Birdcage!

Evening to you!! I am feeling a touch tired tonight. I started the day on a high with a new PB at parkrun, then planted a few seeds I'd been soaking for a couple of days. Then sat in my craft room sewing!! But all of a sudden I am feeling really tired!!

So, it's a quick post tonight! And it's using an image that has appeared a few times over the past 51 days!! The image itself is from Crafter's Companion Kimono CD with artwork from the fabulous Marilyn Robertson. It is printed onto printable canvas. The papers are from the CD too. All the edges were distressed with my Tim Holtz distressing tool.
To create the "pallet" I used Stamps Away MDF Pallet Art Kit, painted with white gesso. The distressed edge was created by smearing petroleum jelly along the edges of each piece before painting. This was then wiped off afterwards. The flowers are made from Spellbinders dies.

Back tomorrow,
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx