About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 26 November 2018

Vintage Charm

So, this week sees another great One Day Special from Imagination Crafts. The theme this time is Vintage!! As ever, there are gorgeous Rice Paper and Stencils, alongside Starlights, Rusty Patinas and Shabby Chic Relief Pastes.
This is one of the 10x12 Canvases cut in half and painted first with White Gesso and Green Starlight paints, then sprayed with Blue, Green and Orange Mix Media Sprays. Have to say that the Orange Spray got a little lost in the strong blue and green pigments. I then added a piece of rice paper (design 407) over the top, which adds more interest to the background. 

I used Zinober Gold Starlight paint through the new Feather stencil that MJ shared on her FB live last night, and then Ruby Gold Sparkle Medium, slightly offset to create a drop shadow. The postmark was added in the same way. The script is from the same stencil,with Linen Shabby Chic Relief Paste. And finally, the "Dream" word is one of the Magi-Cutz with Zinober Gold Starlight and Ruby Gold Sparkle Medium.

The ODS launches on Hochanda at 6pm Thursday - make sure you tune in!!
Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx