About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 30 October 2016

Twist and Turn Pop Out Card.

Morning!! I meant to blog this yesterday - but was a bit busy so didn't get the chance! This is my Twist Turn Pop Out card that I made with the brand new 5x5 Create a Card dies.
I used the Birthday Garden and Congratulations for the outer piece. This was made from a piece of A3 Ivory double sided Centura pearl. You need the whole length, but cut the width to 6½". Butt the short side on your Big Score, and score at 8⅛" and 8⅜". Make sure you die cut before adding the mechanism.   
The turning mechanism is made from piece of card 10½" x 5½". Score in half along the length. On the other side, make marks 2½" from each corner along the long sides. Score using these marks to create a cross in the middle. This folds to make an arrow shape. Make a mark on the middle of the 2 score lines on the inside of the outer piece. The point of the arrow is lined up with these marks and stuck to the inside of the card - only glue the triangular pieces of the mechanism.
The inside of the card is made from a piece of card 15½" x 5½". Butt the short edge on your Big Score, and score at 7¾", then turn the card over and score at 3⅞"  and 11⅝". Die cut the elements - I used Country Garden for the outer pieces and the Happy Birthday for the inner section. Place over the opened out mechanism, and fold over the outside creases of the inner section. This reveals the ends of the mechanism. On the right, draw a line on the mechanism from the top to the middle score line. On the left hand side, draw a from the middle score line to the bottom. Add glue to these rectangles - top right and bottom left and stick the inner piece to this.

I would suggest practicing this with paper first if you can, as it took me a while to get my head round. I've kept the paper one as a reminder for the future. 

The flower embellishments are Die'sire Essentials Flowers for All Occasions, and I used the Classiques Floral Flourish on the inside. The blue paper is from the Downton Abbey 12x12 paper pad.

There are still a couple of shows left today on Hochanda, so tune in if you can! 
Cxxx


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, what a clever idea. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx