About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 3 January 2015

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to you all! I know I'm a couple of days late - but better late then never!! So, I started 2015 in the same way as 2014 - at King's Park parkrun!! No photo this year - but at least it was dryer than back then!!  It has to be said that it was horribly hard work. But I got out there and I did it!!  And as I am a total glutton for punishment, I did it all again today. This time, we were back on home ground at Poole - where it was a 'blue' theme. No photo again, fairly slow time, lots of rain - but I actually quite enjoyed myself.

So - the start of another year. And I'm feeling a little ambivalent as I know this is going to be a difficult year personally. I have no idea what it will bring on the crafting front. Last year's surprise was gaining a place on Crafter's Companion's Main Design Team. I'm not sure what could top that. For me, this year is just a case of taking it all as it comes. 

I have a happiness jar this year - although we are already onto day 3 and nothing has yet gone in there. I am determined I will find the positives in the 12 months to come. And I am going to set myself a few targets.

On the personal front, I want to run my first 10K, and to make maximum use of my new paddle boarding equipment (providing I can work out my new roof rack!!). I want to be good at my day job - and enjoy it! 

Craft wise, I just want to do what I want to do this year. I want to keep up with all my DT commitments and challenges. I want to make things for friends and family. And keep on taking the odd commission that comes my way. But I don't want to stress myself out unnecessarily - hence the decision to do no more craft fairs. If I gain more followers on my blog, Pinterest and FB pages - then that's great! But if I don't, then that's fine too. 

So, here's to the year ahead - and all that it will bring with it!! 

And as I'm here, I really ought to share a card!! This boxed card was a commission for a late December birthday. 
The base card is Centura Pearl Snow White and the papers are from Crafter's Companion Vintage Floral CD, along with the bird - which is one of the digi stamps. I embossed another piece of Centura Pearl with Embossalicious 8x8 Elegant Orchid folder. 

The birdhouse is from a really old Hunkydory kit - I think it was called Tweets, but am not really sure. They were supposed to be made into 3D projects - but I never got round to it!! So, a little Pearl Diamond Spray and Sparkle, and it was good to go.
The flower are Die'sire Small Fringed Flower Quilling Dies, and the butterflies are from the Die'sire Essentials and Bebunni sets. Inside the box I used Chantilly Lace Stamping Frame and Essential Circles. And of course the letter and numbers are the 1" Alphabet and Number sets. 
And so there it is - the first post of 2015. Hopefully the first of many to come. I hope that you will continue to join me this year either here, via Bloglovin, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter. I look forward to your company.

Back soon,
Cxxxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx