About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 22 January 2015

Running Shoes!!

Good morning! Can't believe it's been nearly a week since my last post!! Time does fly - and I can assure you I've been busy making things - just not sharing at the moment!!  I've just got back from my morning 'run' (I use the term loosely)! It was colder out there than I had anticipated!! But I've been and done my time - so while I'm cooling down, thought I would share a card.

Today is my eldest stepson's birthday! And he's another runner (a proper one!) - so this called for another running card! At one stage all I seemed to make was football cards - now it's running - and it's getting very hard to find new things!
Anyway, this one is a La Pashe decoupage sheet - I love the bright colours of the shoes (and believe me runners seem to love their neon colours!) - so reflected that in the matting and layering.
I didn't go for anything fancy - just lots of layers set at different angles - with the red layer embossed with Crafter's Companion Hessian Embossalicious folder. The letters are cut with Die'sire 1" letters, and I finished it off with a big button.

I would like to enter this into:
Crafty Gals Corner - Let's hear it for the boys
Fab n Funky - Button It
Ruby's Rainbow - Masculine Birthday

Take care
Cxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Carole love the design and layout.hugs Julie,lie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Cindy. I have sent you an e-mail. Let me know if it doesn't arrive. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! a very clever and stylish card!
    thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Great image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow masculine card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image, love all the layers! Perfect for any runner! Thank you for sharing with us at CGC. Hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the colors, and the design!
    Thanks for playing along with our Let’s Hear it for the Boys Challenge this week at Crafty Gals Corner!
    -Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card - great job of coloring and the image is phenomenal!!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Crafty Gals Corner DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx