About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 31 December 2014

The Last Post (of 2014)!!

NOTE - If you don't want to read my musings on 2014, and you just want to see the card, then feel free to scroll to the bottom.

Well, there it is. 2014 has less than 24 hours left to run. For me it has been a pretty roller-coaster year. I have been looking back at my first post of 2014 (4th January), and I started with a picture of me running at Bournemouth Park Run on New Year's Day. Since then my running improved, and then got worse - and I'm pretty much at the same level as I was then. During the year I completed my annual Race for Life, but also took part in the Bournemouth 'Speed of Light' 5K on my birthday!!

In that first post I also mentioned three resolutions for the year. The first was to try to blog at least once a week. Well, there were times when I didn't quite achieve that, but overall I have blogged 168 times this year - on average 3 times per week - so I think I can claim that one!! Especially since I have blogged more this year than the previous 4 years put together!!

My second resolution was on the purchasing front - ie not to buy anything unless I needed it for a commission or special present. Well, that one didn't last long. An epic fail really!! But I have lots of lovely stash!!

And the third was to increase my blog followers up to the 100 mark. Well, I'm almost there with 78 Blogger followers and another 16 on Bloglovin - so a total of 94. But during the year I opened a Pinterest Account which now has 38 followers, and my Papercraft By Carole FB page has 44 likes, making another 82 - and not forgetting the 230 followers I have on Twitter!! So although I didn't reach 100 on my blog, I certainly have more than 100 followers across the social media platforms!! 

I suppose the biggest change came towards the beginning of March, when I found out that I had a place on Crafter's Companion's Main Design Team. Well, since then I have made inumberable cards and projects with some amazing new products!! And - while it is very intense at times - I am thoroughly enjoying all the challenges it presents. It's weird, but I've become almost blase about my samples being shown on TV. Although when they are singled out and shown several times, I do feel very proud!!

Alongside that, I am still on the Crafty Cardmakers and More DT (3 years and counting), and this September saw the launch of The Mirror Crack'd - a new Multi Media Challenge Blog - of which I am also a DT member. 

I feel my whole approach to crafting has changed over this year. I have previously made numerous card and other items to sell at Craft Fairs - with varying degrees of success. This year I had intended to do a few - but after the first one, felt that it was really not what I wanted to do any more. So, I am going to stick with commissions and my DT work from here on in. 

Well, I suppose I should share my last piece of work for 2014. I made this for my Mum's Birthday at the end of November, using the gorgeous Sugar and Spice CD from Crafter's Companion. I used one of the Create Companions, with matching papers.  
The flowers are cut with a combination of Die'sire Classique Forget Me Not and Lace Bloom Flowers, along with Bebunni Daisy. The butterflies are also Bebunni! And of course the lettering is Die'sire 1" Alphabet. A bit of ribbon and a few pearls finished the look.

Well, tomorrow I will be running Bournemouth Park Run again, and I will be back in the next couple of days with my hopes and aspirations for 2015. Enjoy your New Year's Eve whatever you may be doing - and I'll see you on the other side!!

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx