About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 29 December 2014

A Summery Feel on a Wintry Day!!

Am waiting for some texture paste to dry on a project, so thought I would pop on and share a commission I made for a friend to give to her Mum. She wanted a gardening theme - and this image from Crafter's Companion's Camden Town Female CD was just perfect!! And is nice to share this gorgeous summery image on such a cold and wintry day!! I used the Fabric Companion, and printed it again so I could decoupage elements of the image.
I used papers from the CD, along with a combination of Papermill and Bazzill cardstock for matting and layering. 
The flowers are made from one of the papers from the CD, with the spiral flower template from the Scruffy Little Cats CD printed on the top. I edged them with Peacock Feathers DI. The leaves are Die'sire Leaf 2, edged with Scattered Straw DI. As ever, I cut the letters and numbers with Die'sire 1" Alphabet and Number dies.
I used the same image on the front of the box, and more of the papers for decoration inside. And of course, ribbon and pearls for embellishment!!
So, only a few more days of this year left, and I'm starting to reflect on all that has happened to me both personally and craft-wise over the past 12 months. I know I set myself some goals on my first blog of 2014 - so we'll see how well I managed to do with them!!

I would like to enter this into:
That Craft Place - Anything Goes

Cxx

1 comment:

  1. such an adorable card and box, love the soft pastels! thank you for joining us at that craft place for the anything goes challenge! Rachel, TCP DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx