About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 10 May 2014

Happy Anniversary!!

So, today being Saturday, I started the morning at parkrun! This week was a pacing event - which means there are runners whose job it is to run around the course in a set time - from 16 minutes to 39. They wear big hi vis tabards so you can see them - and you basically follow the one that will help you get the time you want. I've had a bad few weeks time wise at parkrun, so wasn't holding out any hope of getting near mine!! But nothing ventured.... Well, the upshot was that I missed out on a new PB by 9 seconds!! And nearly threw up once I was over the line as I had really pushed myself round the last part. Am not disappointed though, as this is still the second fastest time I have ever run it in!! 

Anyway, onto the crafty stuff!! As well as being my Dad's birthday this weekend - it's also my Mum and Dad's weddding anniversary!! Last year was the big golden 50 years - so this year my card is a little less elaborate!! 
I used a topper and papers from a Kanban kit. There were several of the toppers in the kit - all cut in different ways - so I decided to combine them in a different way to the norm by having the outer and centre pieces raised - and the inner section flat!! I quite like the way it looks!
I matted and layered with pink and Kraft card from my stash - and finished it all off with some ribbon and buttons. A simple layout - but I like the finished result!!

I would like to enter this into:
Time Out Challenges: Time Flies - Love Lasts    
(51 years of marriage for my parents - so I think this is really appropriate!)

Cxxx

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful layering and such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cute little birds on your card - totally gorgeous! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty & love the layering and dimension. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx