About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 18 May 2014

Halcyon Days Sneaky Peek Day 2!!

Good morning and welcome to my new followers from yesterday!! Lovely to have your company. Now - time for my next sneaky peek of Crafter's Companion's Halcyon days CD. 
One of the great features of this collection are these box frames. The frames print out onto one sheet of card. For this one, I used Centura Pearl Hint of Silver - then cut it out, scored the lines with my Ultimate, and stuck it together with Collall Tacky Glue. Each frame comes with a choice of two images to use with it. I love this beach scene (you may have noticed it was one of the toppers in yesterday's Tri-Fold Shutter Card).

The frames can be used on their own, or on a card - but I have chosen to use mine on top of an 8x8 canvas and make it into a larger wall hanging. I painted the background using a combination of Pebeo Deco Matt paints - Bright Pink, Cretan Blue, White and Antique White. I then used Mod Podge to apply a combination of design papers in a rough patchwork design and did a little faux stitching with SN pens. Patchwork and embroidery plays a huge part in the images in this collection - try zooming in on the images and look closely at the beach huts - it's much clearer in real life but should give you an idea.
The cream frame on the inside of the blue box frame and the larger one on the outside of the canvas are my own additions. I finished off with a few shell beads and a piece of ribbon attached to the back of the canvas. 

Make sure you regularly check out the Crafter's Companion Facebook page - and also my Facebook page (Papercraft By Carole) - where sneak peeks from other members of the Design Team will be shared over the coming days!!

If you have time to leave a comment, then I would love to hear from you. And if you like what you see then I always welcome new followers - through Bloglovin, Google, Pinterest or Facebook. Thanks for your support! 

See you tomorrow!! 
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx