About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 23 May 2014

Another Halcyon Days Card Kit Sample

Said I would be back - and here I am!! The verdict from the doctor this morning was mild whiplash, strained thumb from where I was gripping the steering wheel, and the tenderness at the front of my shoulder is from the seatbelt. Spent most of this afternoon asleep. Hopefully will be feeling more energetic tomorrow as I have so much to do!!

This is one of the Diarama cards from the card kit. I have used it here on an 8x8 card. I loved the purple and red on the frame so used that for the rest of the card.

The large red mat is embossed with the Rose Vine folder, and the purple one on the bottom half of the card with the Gothic Script. I used both the large and small Rose quilling dies for the flower - having made a small centre for it by rolling a strip of red card. 
I really struggled to decide what to embellish the card with. It needed something but I couldn't decide what. But then it came to me! I rolled more strips of red and purple to make the little flourishes, painted the swirly bits with Luminarte Silks Ice Acrylic Glaze, and topped them with pearls.

Don't forget to tune in to Create and Craft TV to see the launch at 9am tomorrow with Sara Davies.

And I will be back with more samples to show you over the weekend.
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx