About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 8 August 2014

Almost time!!

Afternoon!! We're edging ever closer to the launch of the fabulous Party Paws Christmas Collection, and I have one more to share with you today.
This is a waterfall card. The first one I have attempted where there hasn't been a template provided!! But this sheet of toppers from the CD was just begging to be made into one!! Have to say that it did work here at home - but I have visions of one of the presenters getting their hands on it over the weekend - and it not working properly!! Famous last words!!!

Because of the measurements, I had to start with a piece of A3 card as the base. I used Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card in Red. It comes in a pack with other Accent colours from Crafter's Companion and is really gorgeous. Makes a change from the usual Hint of Gold or Silver. Having said that, all the other pieces used for the mechanism were printed onto Hint of Silver!! 
I used Die'sire Snowflakes for embellishing both the pulling mechanism, and the underside of the waterfall pieces. I have to admit I made the mistake of putting a piece of ribbon down the left hand side, thinking it would look lovely!! It does - but it interfered with the mechanism - so had to make a few adjustments!!

Anyway - fingers crossed that, if it does get picked up, then it will work as it is supposed to!!

Will be back tomorrow and Sunday during the day to share the last of my samples, but just a quick thanks and hello to my new followers - both here and on Pinterest!! Glad you are enjoying the Sneaky Peeks!!
Take care,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx