About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 9 August 2014

A little down - but more up!!

Has been one of those up and down days today. Started with parkrun which I found really tough this morning - did a slow time and felt really wiped out. But I brightened up my morning catching up with Leann on Create and Craft. After the lunchtime programme I headed into town for a little retail therapy!! I needed something for a commission - but picked up a few other 'necessary' items while I was in the craft shop!! Felt really tired when I got back so crashed on the bed - and promptly fell asleep for a couple of hours!! Woke up just in time to head off to see the family. Got back a little while ago, and had a look on Facebook to find a lovely lady had been inspired by one of my cards, so had headed off and made one with a similar design but totally different theme - and shared it with me!! It was a beautiful card - and gave me a great feeling!!

Anyway - have been playing my version of 'Where's Wally?' with the Party Paws shows today. I try to spot where all my creations have gone.  My 'Tag of Tags' has been held up a couple of times. Leann wrestled with my waterfall card. The decoupage card made an appearance in the shown samples. My acetate box got an honourable mention. And Jacqui held up my wall plaque. I've also seen my acetate card, stamped easel card, gift bag and my yellow DL card as the camera has passed over the displays. I know it's sad - but I can't help being excited at seeing my work on the TV!! And great crafters like Leonie and Leann admiring it!! It never gets old!!

This is one I have yet to spot - a twisted easel card made using one of the images from the Decoupage section on the CD.
I also used elements from the matching Card Companion, along with a few of the papers. I mounted the image onto a Die'sire Chantilly Lace Stamping Frame.
This is what the inside of the Easel Card looks like - I do hate leaving the inside blank!!!

Well, that's me done for the night!! I shall be keeping my eyes peeled for this card tomorrow.

Take care,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx