About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 9 July 2016

It's Christmas .......

..... well in crafting land it is!! Now is the time that all good crafters are supposed to make a start with their Christmas projects. Every year I have good intentions. And every year in November I manage to get round to starting!! 

I do however, make Christmas samples at this time of year. And Fiona is on Hochanda at 11am this morning, with the fabulous Prestige Christmas Only Words dies. This is one of my creations using the 'O Holy Night' die.

It's a pyramid lantern - it stands on the table rather than hanging, and the little tealight sits in a holder suspended from the ribbons.
The pyramid itself is made from three pieces of A4 card cut to squares (you can do this with any size square). Each on is scored diagonally, and the three pieces attached together so they wrap round to make the pyramid. Before I did this, I cut apertures and covered them with acetate so the light will shine through. 

I cut the die several times in cream, red and gold, and cut into them to create the decoration. I also used Die'sire Holly dies, and Embossalicious Holiday Holly folder. 

Make sure you tune in later for the shows.
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx