About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 26 April 2022

Earth Laughs In Flowers

Today I am sharing a Journal page, created using Julie Hickey Designs Dinky Circles die set, Sweet Pea die set, and stamps from Daisy Blooms and Garden Blooms. I made it to fit my TN, which I created a while ago. Click on the picture below to go to the video demonstration. 

I used watercolour card with Salvaged Patina, Cracked Pistachio, Kitsch Flamingo and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxides. 

I used the flower from the Dinky Circles die set to create a stencil, which I inked through, and I also used the little stamp from Daisy Blooms too. To create the feeling of the flowers having foliage, I stamped the focal stamp from both the Daisy Blooms and the Garden Blooms sets onto the card, with Cracked Pistachio. It doesn't stamp particularly well as the card is textured, but it gives enough of an impression that I was able to then paint the leaves with the ink.


I used more watercolour card to mop up the ink from when I made the background, and then die cut this for the flowers and for the letters.

Thanks for popping by, and I hope I have given you a little inspiration. Feel free to follow me here on my blog, or on FaceBookTwitterInstagram or Pinterest. For lots of video demonstrations, pop over to the Hixxy Studio YouTube channel to subscribe. The main items I use can be found on the Hixxy Crafts website - have a look under the Hixxy Studio tab.

Happy crafting,

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx