About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 23 August 2021

I live in my own little world .....

I have finally got round to playing in my journal again. And I have also been playing with Distress Mica Sprays. I have had the originals - Tarnished Brass, Antique Bronze and Brushed Pewter for quite a while, and I find them quite muted in both colour and shimmer - which isn't a bad thing. So, when Tim Holtz announced that he was bringing out some additional ones in new colours for Halloween, then I was very interested. I don't do Halloween, but new colours in something Distress is something I am always interested in.


Before I started playing, I sprayed them all out to see what the colours and shimmers were like.

     

Like the originals, the shimmer is quite muted, but the colours are great! I decided to stick with two colours - Jack O Lantern and Hocus Pocus.

The background is created using Distress Oxides in Milled Lavender, Wilted Violet and Dried Marigold, onto which I added the sprays. You can see the shimmer is much more evident where the drops are larger. 
I did the same on a piece of card to stamp the Visible Images sentiment stamp.


The flowers are from Lisa Horton's Trellis Blooms - stamped onto card and coloured with a combination of Distress Oxides and Sprays.

The background was added to with smaller stamps from the Trellis Blooms, stamped with Distress Inks - Wilted Violet, Dried Marigold and Black Soot.


Happy crafting!
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic page, Carole. Love those new colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx