About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 6 February 2015

Sneak Peek - Thelwell - Launching Monday!!

Morning!! Some of you have already been doing some detective work, and realised there is a new Crafter's Companion CD launching on Monday 9th February on Create and Craft!! It will be the 4 Day Deal, and Sara, Leann and Fiona will all be on over the four days!! Sara is kicking everything off on Monday, then Leann will be there for the 9am and 4pm shows on Tuesday. Fiona then takes over for the rest of the shows!!
There are 2 CD's - one is the usual papercrafting CD that you expect from CC - with all the papers, toppers etc. The second CD has a great mix of digi stamps, Spectrum Noir Companions and Cartoons. And it's all using the artwork of incredible Norman Thelwell. There will also be a Papercrafting Kit. 

My first project to share is this 8x8 card. This is made using one of the Card Companions from the CD along with some of the matching and coordinating papers. 
The flower embellishments are a combination of Die'sire Quilling Dies Large and Small Fringed Flowers. These are sat on flowers from one of the Embellishment sheets, and circles cut with Essentials Circles dies. 

The base card is made from A3 Centura Pearl Hint of Silver. I used more of this card with Die'sire Decadence Create-a-Card, to cut out two corner embellishments for a little more interest. 

Keep your eyes peeled for more sneak peeks from the Design Team, but if you can't wait then pop over to the gallery or check out the Crafter's Companion page.

For those of you who pop in here regularly, you may have noticed my new look to the blog. I felt the need for a new, fresher look - hopefully you'll like it too. If you are a new visitor, then, if you would like to keep up to date with my ramblings, then please feel free to follow me. There are lots of ways you can do this - directly following the blog, using Bloglovin', Pinterest or by email - all of which you can do from the side bar here. I also have a Facebook page, if that's your preference too. It's called Papercraft By Carole

I'll be back over the next few days with more sneak peeks of my Thelwell projects!!
Take care,
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Carole looking forward to Monday.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx