About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 7 February 2015

Another Thelwell Sneak Peek

Morning. Thought I ought to share this one today as Sara kindly posted it on her Facebook page yesterday. 
This makes use of one of the Frame cards from CD1, which I have incorporated into a drawer box easel card. The instructions for making the drawer box part are all here on the Crafter's Companion website courtesy of the lovely Donna Attwood from the Design Team. The only difference is the measurements of the pieces of card - the scoring and construction is exactly as Donna has described.

You will need: 2 pieces of card 21.5cm x 20.25cm, and one piece 21cm x 23.75cm. You can get each of these from a piece of A4 - so you need 3 pieces of A4 card for the drawer box. I printed the paper to match the frame onto watercolour card, and then on the other side of each, I printed one of the Design Set papers. 
You will need another piece of card to make the easel and support the Frame card. I printed onto more watercolour card and cut a 13.5cm strip down the length of the card. This is wide enough for the frame, but not quite long enough - but as it is on top of the box, that can be hidden. Measure and score the strip of card at 16.25cm. That 16.25cm section then needs scoring roughly in half. This becomes the part that sticks on the back of the Frame and folds up/down. The other part is stuck to the top of the box, and is then covered by another piece of card to disguise the fact that it is too short!! 

I decorated the box and Frame card with more papers, embellishments and bows from the CD. The rosette I made by concertina folding a strip of Core'dinations card. 
I have to say that I really enjoyed making this - definitely made easier with the instructions from Donna!!

Keep your eyes peeled for more sneak peeks from the Design Team over the weekend.

Back soon,
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, love the colours and image. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx