About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 22 November 2014

Christmas Is Coming!!

Yes it is - all too quickly!! What with the all the recent launches of Sweet Treats, Bebunni Floral and Sugar and Spice, I completely forgot to blog my inspiration for Crafter's Companion November Challenge - which is Christmas or Winter!!

There is still time to enter - and remember that you don't have to use Crafter's Companion products. 
I made small gift bag from an A3 sheet of Centura Pearl, then used my Softly Falling Create a Card die to cut a decorative mat from more of the same. I embossed a piece of Core'dinations with Embossalicious Let It Snow folder, and used that and a couple of papers from the Moonbeam Meadow Christmas CD. The image is also from the same CD.

I cut a couple of Die'sire Snowflakes from the patterned papers, and used them to embellish the bag, along with some fabric daisies and pearls. I finished off with some cord from that I had kept from an old gift bag!! 

For those of you interested in making the bag: Score at 15cm, 17cm, 19cm, 34cm, 36cm 38cm (lines shown vertically on the picture). Turn anti-clockwise, and score at 2cm, 22cm (you may not want to do this line - I was hoping the bag would fold down like the ones you buy - but it didn't), 25cm (these lines are shown horizontally on the picture).
The 2cm strip at the top is folded down to give a nice edge at the top of the bag. The 4cm strip shown on the right is the tab for gluing inside the bag. Along the bottom strip, cut out triangles up to the score line to create a tab along the 15cm part, another one across the two 2cm sections, a third along the second 15cm piece, and a fourth across the other two 2cm sections. You do not need the piece at the end. It's then just a case of folding and gluing!! Ok - you will need to do a little trimming and jiggling as you go - but I'm sure you can cope with that!!
Anyway - just over a week left to enter the challenge - so don't forget!!

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx