About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 2 September 2014

I can colour in!!!

Good afternoon!! Hope you are well!! I have been getting back into the swing of things after my holiday - unfortunately my sore neck has returned with a vengeance. So I've been and bought a new Memory Foam pillow this morning - hope it will be the solution!!

You may (or may not) have noticed the title of today's blog post - 'I can colour in!' Yes - I hear you say - you should have been able to do that since you were a toddler!! And you're right of course. But this is not just any colouring in - this is Spectrum Noir colouring in!! I submitted all my stuff to become an accredited Spectrum Noir Colourist before I went on holiday - and I've had the email to say I have passed!! So I now have a new badge over there on the right hand side!!!

So - today's card has no colouring in!! Ah well - never mind!! This was for my step-daughter for her 21st! My OH was really helpful in deciding what kind of theme - "Just put a big 21 on it!" - as I said - really helpful. But, I took him at his word and came up with this!!
I started with paper from Craftwork Cards Cottage Garden Pad, and distressed the edges with a pair of scissors. I then sprinkled some Stampendous Shabby Pink Frantage on the top and heated from below. This was then machine sewn to a piece of pink Bazzill cardstock. I used a large template for the 21, cut the numbers out and repeated the process. 

The swirls were cut with Spellbinders Floral Flourish dies, and I added more Frantage to some paper flowers. I used some white lace that I bought LAST summer, and has been sitting in the jar for so long because I've never really had the right project for it. I wrapped this and some pink ribbon across the card, then threaded more - with some taupe thrown in too - through the key (Creative Expressions) and attached to the card.

And there you have it!! I would like to enter this into: 
Oldie but Goodie - Stitching (old item = lace)

Cxxx

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the accreditation. Your card is beautiful, I love the colours you've used. Hope the pillow works.
    Melanie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Carole! I just love the colours and that fantastic floral paper!! Your flowers and flourishes are stunning and the key and butterfly are such perfect embellies! love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx