About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 1 September 2014

It's been a while!!!

Well - good afternoon to you all!! As the title says - it's been a while!! And that's because I've been away on holiday!! We went on a fabulous cruise round the Norwegian Ffjords - and had a great time!! The weather was pretty good - only rained on one day - and the others were beautifully sunny and warm!! Have to say that I have never seen so much food - but exploring the gorgeous landscape on foot and by bicycle helped to minimise the damage on the waistline!




Am now back in full crafting mode as have lots to catch up on!! Today sees a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More, and the theme is Make and Impression!! This means we would like to see DRY embossing on your projects. 

I decided that I would use an embossing folder to create the focal point of the card, and used Crafter's Companion 6x6 Decorative Heart folder with Centura Pearl Snow White Hint of Silver. 

On a white 8x8 base card, I layered Crafter's Companion Kraft card, with a piece of Centura Pearl on top, embossed with CC Vintage Floral 8x8 Decadent Rose folder. On top of this I put another layer of Kraft and Pearl, then mounted the heart onto more Kraft for the final layer. 
The leaves are cut with CC Die'sire Leaf 2 die, and from the fabulous new Essentials range I used Flowers for all Occasions, and Beautiful Butterflies. I ran the pearl flowers through the Embossalicious Floral Frenzy folder and added a few pearls for the final embellishment!! 

Make sure you pop on over to the Crafty Cardmakers and More blog to check out all the DT inspiration - and then get busy!! Looking forward to seeing what you create!!

Before I go, I just want to let you know that a new Mixed Media Challenge blog will be launching on 5th September. It's called 'The Mirror Crack'd' and will be a monthly challenge launching on the 5th of each month. Pop on over to the blog for a more detailed explanation of what we will be looking for!! 

I would like to enter this into the following:
A Creative Romance - A Touch of Kraft

Cxxx

3 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Carole! So many gorgeous layers and that shimmery paper is outstanding!! Your embossed heart is a wonderful focal point with the added pearls and your matching flowers really pull it all together! So beautiful!

    Hugs from your new Crafty Cardmakers team mate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - the sheen of the card makes the beautiful embossing even more spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carole, I love it.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx