About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 1 February 2014

Shoes and Handbags

A friend asked me to make her a 40th birthday card to give to a friend. The theme I was given was 'shoes and handbags'. After a little bit of searching I came across the perfect thing in the Wedding section at Just Inklined - their Fashion Shoe and Wedding Purse digi stamps.

The feather effect on the back of the shoe, made me think of peacock feathers, so I decided to to for that kind of colour combination. To help me (and to give me an idea of the shading on a shoe), I made myself a mood board.

I started with using the PNG versions of both files, so I could place the bag slightly behind the shoe. The image was printed onto 300gsm Elegance card. I chose the following Promakers to colour the image:
These picture hopefully show the stages of colouring in the image. Am getting better at it - but still need a lot of practice. If you have any colouring advice or tips, please feel free to leave a comment on this post. 
And here is the finished card.
I used a 6" square base card, with a large green mat. The next layer of white is embossed with the XCut A4 Butterfly Pattern embossing folder, and edged with the Umber pen. The strip of mink card is Centura Pearl embossed with Grand MBossabilities Dainty Dots, and the blue layer is Bazzill Bling. I used a little Cosmic Shimmer Aqua Twinkles on the flowers, and the ribbons and pearls are from my stash. Finally the numbers were cut with XCut Roma Alphabet die set.

Passion for Promarkers have an 'Anything Goes' Challenge this week - so am going to enter this card.

And if you have dropped by and like what you see, please feel free to follow my blog. Leave a comment to let me know how you have signed up - either through Blogger or by email. I really appreciate your interest.

Be back soon!!
Cxxx

5 comments:

  1. Very elegant Carole, any one would love a card this this beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carole - good name isn't it!
    I love your card, the image is divine as is your colouring and I so love your choice of peacock colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card. So elegant. Beautifully coloured and love your choice of colours and layout. Thanks for joining in with the 'anything goes' challenge at PFP this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning Carole.Fabulous images and i love your stylish design and colours.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image is simply gorgeous and divinely colored! I adore!
    Thank you for your beautiful comment about my steampunk card.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx