About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 10 February 2014

Reasons to be cheerful ......

ONE:   I am really excited because the card I posted at the beginning of the month - the 'Shoes and Handbags' one - well, it was picked as one of the top 5 cards on the Passion for Promarkers Challenge blog that I entered it into!! My colouring skills must be improving, as there were 176 entries!! Have added my new badge over there ----------->> on the right!!

TWO:  This is my 150th blog post. OK - a bit random, but a little milestone for me. 

THREE: It's not raining and my greenhouse heater is working again - so will be all systems go in there later this week!

Moving on!! This is a card I made for my friend's little girl. The topper is from the Kanban -Sugar Buttons - Fairy Friends sheet! The base card is gold pearlescent card that I found at my local craft stall at Wimborne Market. I have never found it anywhere else - so if she has it in when I visit, then I have to stock up.
I matted the image onto a Spellbinders scalloped oval, cut from the gold. The pink stripe card used for the front mat, and the pink textured card used for the back mat, are also from the same craft stall (great value at 10 pick and mix sheets for £1). The pink flowery DP is of unknown origin - was lurking in my scraps box!! The silk and organza ribbons are form my (extensive) stash, as are the clear gems and little silk flowers. The letters were cut using my XCut Roma Alphabet die.

Don't forget that we still have our 'This is a Man's World' Challenge running over at Crafty Cardmakers and More. I am hosting this one - and have visited over 50 blogs already, looking at the amazing creations people have come up with. There is still time to get your entries is - it runs until this coming Sunday!! So get creating!!
I would like to enter my card into the following:

Come and Get It Challenge - Make It Girly

Back soon!!
Cxxxx

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely I'm sure the little girl will be thrilled with such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, I love it, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully done card, super cute image & love your sparkly gold papers!

    Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge, hope to see you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx