About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 11 March 2011

Why is everything so difficult?

I've been looking at the website and feel it needs a bit more character. There are these big, white, empty spaces down each side of the page. I would love to be able to use the same side borders on the website as I have here on my blog. But I don't have a clue how to do that - and not sure I'd be allowed to use them if I did!

I've even tried to design my own and save as a jpeg, which I know how to import onto the website. But it was not wide enough, so repeated the design making the right hand side look very strange. As I can't seem to work out how wide it should be, then I can't make it work.

It's something I'm going to have to work on, as it is beginning to frustrate me. If any of you out there can give me a heads up on what to do, it would be much appreciated.

I've now managed to put some Mother's Day cards onto the site - I intend to make a few more, so watch this space. I've also been working on a page with information on commissioning cards, so that should be up and running soon. I'm also going to start a clearance section. I make loads of cards - it's sort of obsessional!! And need to clear some space for all the new stuff I've got planned. I'm going to start work on it this weekend - will keep you up to date with how I'm getting on.

Aside from all of that, I've included a few pictures of cards I've recently made. The first one was a difficult one to make. Not because it has advanced techniques, but because it was a sympathy card for a close friend who recently lost her Mum. She was a wonderful lady that I knew for nearly 30 years - all through my teens and into adulthood - and she will be sadly missed.
The Kanban Floral Garden collection lends itself to this difficult area of card making - this topper is from the Roses sheet. I used a tall white card, and matted and layered Papermania Luxury Velvet Paper in Black, with Gold Mirror Card. The sentiment is from the Orchid and Calla Lily sheet. It is finished off with black organza ribbon down the left side, with black, flat-backed pearls.


The second is a birthday card for another close friend. The background paper was actually an insert from a Deckle Edge Card Kit - I used the cards but not the inserts at the time!! I have to confess that I have no idea where the lighter pink paper came from - it was in my box and just seemed appropriate. The shapes are cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities. I printed the message onto the paper first before I cut it. A couple of pink skeleton leaves lie under the message, whilst the fabric flowers (WHSmith clearout sale yonks ago - I bought loads and am still working throught them) are held together with Papermania brads.


I decided to make a matching gift. One of my favourite shops is Past Times, and I picked up this beautiful set of pink butterfly and dragonfly frames. I printed the same message to sit in one frame, and placed a piece of the insert paper inside the other, attaching another fabric flower to the outside of the frame with a glue dot.
I was really pleased with the finished project. I do rather like things that match!!
And now I think I'm going to have to sign off, as Gardener's World has just started, and my favourite - Monty Don - is back this series!! Need to find out what he thinks I should be doing in the garden this weekend!!
Speak to you soon.
Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx