About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 14 November 2010

Website in need of friends!!!

Well, after all the fuss and faff of getting the website up and running, the total orders so far amount to a big fat zero. Mainly because I totally omitted to think about advertising the site. Doh!!! Apart from my die-hard blog friends - and others who don't follow the blog, but know about my venture - no-one out there in the big wide, world (UK orders only please!!!) knows about the site - so it's sitting out there in cyberspace feeling very unloved!!

So, after a fairly successful couple of weeks financially, with a few commissions, and a great card party, I had to bite the bullet with the "no pain - no gain" approach.

So in that vein, I have spent my afternoon at a Children in Need event, where I didn't even cover my table cost, (but hey, it's all in a good cause for dear old Pudsey), BUT the big bonus with this event was that they were giving out carrier bags with stuff in, and for a little extra money, I've got my "postcard" into approx 60 odd bags to be taken home. If only a couple of them take any notice, it'll be worth it. I now need to think of other ways to get the message out there too!!

For this event, I was asked to concentrate mainly on bags and boxes, as they already had a card stall, so here's a few of the new boxes that I've made. I'm not selling boxes over the internet at the moment, but let me know if you're at all interested.













Now that's all over, tomorrow afternoon will be spent updating the site - removing any cards that have been bought - and adding on the Christmas cards. There are plenty left, so if you are still looking for that special card, visit the website (probably best to leave it until Tuesday), and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

Here's a few of the (very) many Christmas cards I've made:






Until I blog again....

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx