About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 16 April 2014

My Final Camden Town Sneaky Peek - No. 6!!

Starting the day again with another blog post. I could quite get used to this - spending my days blogging, crafting, gardening.... Still, have another week before I go back to work so can enjoy it for a little longer - although am going to have to start looking at the planning for next week at some point!! 

Yesterday I shared with you my bunting. And today it's another piece of sewing!! This time it's a Mug Rug!! I can hear choruses of  'A WHAT?'  Well, Mug Rugs are quite the rage don't you know!! It's larger than a coaster, and smaller than a place mat. The idea is that you can put your mug on it and there is still room for your biscuit/cake etc. This one is approximately 24cm x 17cm. 

Anyway, I decided to have a play - this is the first one I have ever made - and I didn't use a pattern!! I found a topper I liked on the CD (it's not just the Fabric Companions you can print onto the Iron on Transfer material) - printed it out and ironed it onto plain white fabric.
I chose this topper because I just love the blues with the red! The right hand side is made from patch-working scraps together, and I then attached it to the image. This was stitched onto some wadding and plain white fabric to give it a kind of quilted effect. The whole thing was then bound onto a backing of plain red cotton, and I used a decorative machine stitch to attach the binding (as I am too lazy to hand stitch). I need to get to grips with binding corners as I think I could have made a better job of those!!

Anyway, this is my last sneaky peak, as this time tomorrow I will be getting myself prepared to sit and watch the launch. The lovely Dawn Wheeler will be on Create and Craft TV (Sky 671, Freeview 36, Virgin 748) at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and 7pm. I've already set the recorder for all of them!! 

The CD's will be selling separately, so if you prefer just the male or female ones, then you can get what you need. There are also papercrafting kits too - so plenty to choose from even if you are not a CD crafter.

Am really excited about seeing my things on TV - but I bet it will just be a fleeting glimpse - so I need to be realistic. But even so, it's really amazing to be part of the launch of a product on national TV.

So, will see you in a couple of days - happy crafting!! 
Cxxx

2 comments:

  1. It must be very exciting to see you creations on TV and I'm sure it won't be a fleeting glimpse either, been at work all day so haven't been able to watch. I love your mug rug what a fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you must be so excited to have your gorgeous creations shown that's amazing!!!

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx