It's a bit frosty out there this morning, so while I wait for it to warm up before going for a VERY short jog - (yes I am still managing to keep up with that part of my resolutions) and then getting into the garden to sort a few things out, I thought I'd share a recent make!!
A while ago I made a Baby Shower book for a friend who was having twins. I was recently asked to make another one - this time for a baby boy. Wanting something blueish, I had a rummage through my stash and couldn't find quite what what I was after in terms of papers, so had a look at what I had on CD. Nothing inspired me there either, but then I had a look at some freebie papers I downloaded eons ago - really sorry, I can't remember where from, and can't work it out from the file names - I must remember in future to add something to the file name so I know!!
And that's where I found the great striped and circle papers, from which I came up with the blue and orange colour scheme! The blue and orange cardstock pieces are both Bazzil, and the little icons are from a border strip found in a cheapie baby boy scrapbooking kit from the Range. They were cut out with one of the smallest squares from my nesties, and matted onto little scalloped squares of the blue.
The letter are cut from the orange cardstock using X-Cut Rome Die-Licious Alphabet Dies. I have all three of the different Die-Licious Alphabet DIes and find them absolutely invaluable!! And to ensure they adhere well, I always use my little Xyron X150 Create-a-sticker with permanent adhesive!!
The book itself is made from two pieces of A5 chipboard, painted with Eco Green Acrylic Paint - this one is called Lake. The paper is cut slightly smaller, and I have used a 120gsm weight so that it will be able to take the weight of any photos.
To punch the holes I used my Zutter Bind It All, and a 3/4" silver binding wire holds it together. I chose this to be slightly oversize, to allow room for the photos etc to be put in and for the cover still to sit properly. I keep a set of templates of all the sizes of notebooks I make, with a guide for cutting the paper the right size for the cover, and also the settings for punching the holes. It makes life so much easier when I come to make anything new!! It's all finished off with Spray and Shine to give it a protective coating.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Crafty Calender Challenge - January's Challenge - New News!
Craft Your Days Away - Challenge #36 - New Beginnings!
Little Claire's - Challenge #17 - Anything But A Card!
Secret Crafter - Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes With Blue
Delicious Doodles - Challenge #10 - All things New
Well, that's all for now - off for that run now!! Well, at least the sun's shining!!
See you soon,
See you soon,