About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 22 March 2021

The Masked Reader

 A few weeks ago, we had World Book Day. It was the week before the majority of children returned to school, so the usual dress up things was not really going to happen. So, we went for a pyjama day - both for those in school with us, and those at home. And, it was rather nice to be dressed in my oversize hoodie and leggings for school. Anyway, to mark the day, and make it more interesting, we did "The Masked Reader", where members of school staff recorded themselves reading the blurb of their favourite book while wearing a mask - and also disguising their voice. 

I decided to create my own mask, rather than use a shop bought one. I started by covering the mask with gesso.


I then mixed some Aqua Starlight paint with gesso, and painted the whole of mask.

  

I added more colour to the band and top section by mixing Artiste Lagoon with the Aqua Starlight and more gesso. I then added some Deco Mache Decoupage paper - not sure of the name. I then painted over it with some diluted gesso to knock it back.

 


To add more drama, I used Artiste Conifer Green and Tea Pink, and loaded the brush so that I had both colours on the brush. I then used this to paint over the band and the top of the mask.

 

Happy crafting.
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx