About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 19 September 2015

Downton Abbey - Gatefold Card!!

Morning. Thought it was time I joined in with all the Downton Abbey sneak peeks!! I have been a bit of a fan of the series and am looking forward to the start of the last one, this Sunday. Sara will be on Create and Craft at 8am and 1pm on Monday, as well as 9am and 3pm on Tuesday. Fiona will then be on at 2pm on Wednesday and 5pm on Friday.
I made this gatefold style card by first printing the papers from CD1 direct onto Sheena Stamping card - to make a piece of double sided card. I then scored landscape at 16cm and 24cm for the folds. To make the curves, I just drew round the inside edge of a roll of tape.

The images are from one of the Card Companions on CD 1 and all the embellishments are from the CD - printed onto Printable Light Card.
The gorgeous bow at the top is cut using the Downton Abbey Ribbon Brooch die. 
I used some glossy accents on the sentiment and on the cameos to add a little dimension, and finished off with some co-ordinating flat backed pearls.

Keep an eye out for more sneak peeks from the team, and I'll be back soon with more myself.

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx