About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 15 August 2015

A Real Diamond!!

My last post was a sympathy card made for my friend who lost her Mum! Well, back in May my friend asked me to make a Diamond anniversary card for her Mum and Dad. I had recently made her a box card for her birthday, and she asked if I could make her a larger version of this. She also supplied me with a photo to use. 
I used a sheet of A3 double sided Fresh White Centura Pearl to make the box, then a combinatinon of white and black glitter card and matt white card. On each side of the box I used a white glitter Die'sire Lace Flourish, with little flowers from Bebunni Daisy die. The top plaque, and part of the side plaques were printed from the computer, with the 60th cut using CC 1" Decorative Numbers. The corners are Die'sire Essentials Decorative Corner 1. 

The flowers for the inside of the box are all quilling dies (Fringed - large and small, Itsy Bitsy Bloom, Rose - large and small) - made with black rolled Stamens. I used Flowers for all Occasions 1, 2, 3 and 4 to stick them onto, and added clear gems into the centres.

As I had no boxes big enough, and because it was for a special occasion, I decided to make a box for the card to go into. 

I used more A3 Fresh White Centura Pearl to make the box, and matt white card to cut the Aurora Create a Card. Another glitter lace flourish, along with Classique Only Words "Special Day" and more of the tiny black glitter flowers helped to decorate the lid.

Although my Mum's friend was very ill at the time, I know that it was a card that was very much appreciated - and I shall miss making these special cards for her.

I would like to enter this into:
Digitally "Sweet" Challenges - 141 Celebrations (photo and sentiments)
Creative Card Crew - 93 - Sparkle

Back soon!
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx