About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Becoming a teenager!!

Well, it's been a while since I blogged due to holidays and other commitments, but now school has started again, and I am back doing supply work, I should have the time to get back into it. I am starting with a card for my eldest niece who is soon to become a teenager! She loves cooking and baking - taking after both of her parents! But she is also at that stage of still growing into her body - all arms and legs and clumsiness. She is already taller than I am - although that isn't particularly difficult.

So, I thought that The Paper Shelter's "Patissier in Distress" would be totally appropriate! The digi stamp comes with a backing paper, so I attempted to match the general colour scheme of the digi with the paper.

I printed the image onto Joanna Sheen's 300gsm Elegance card, and coloured with my Promarkers. I am still new to using pens, but I am making progress - more work still needed on hair I think!

Anyway, the colours I have used are:
Dress/Shoes/Tablecloth = Pink Mittens, Pale Pink, Budding Rose
Cake Icing = Blossom, Pink Carnation, Rose
Skin = Ivory, Blush, Almond
Apron/Hat = Blush, Saffron, Apricot
Hair = Tawny Owl, Cocoa, Walnut
Trolley = Cool Greys 1, 2, 4  and Black
Candles = Cool Aqua

The image was cut and embossed using a Spellbinder Scalloped Rectangle, and inked with Vintage Photo and Victorian Velvet DI's.

I used an A4 sheet of brown card folded into a easel shape. I used another sheet of the same card for matting and layering. The blue is from a DCWV self-adhesive stack and the patterned card is Kanban. I printed 3 copies of the digi backing paper, using one as a whole, and cutting two further copies down to give height and dimension to the curtains and pelmet. The scrap from this was used to create the stopper for the easel, and to cut out the letters and numbers from my X Cut dies. The pearl embellishments are all from my stash. 

I then added some finishing touches - Cosmic Shimmer Aqua Twinkles for the pelmet, Glossy Accents on the cake icing and lettering, and Sepia Accents on the hair.

The Paper Shelter are having a DT call. Looking at the standard of work over there I don't think I stand a chance - but nothing ventured, nothing gained, so they say, so I am at least going to put my name forward! 

So, I would like to enter into:
The Paper Shelter - DT Call
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Child's Play
TTCRD - Anything Goes

See you soon.

Cxx

2 comments:

  1. Love your card... it is so cute... Thank you for joining TTCRD this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job adding lots of fun shapes and textures to your card. It looks just as sweet as her cake. Thanks so much for playing along with our cake challenge this week at TSG!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx