About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 30 June 2013

Catching up!

It has been a while since I have blogged anything other than a CCM Challenge Card. As we are heading towards the summer holidays and school is starting to wind down, I am at last finding time to catch up with all sorts of things. The garden is finally tidy, and all my veggies and salad stuffs are growing - way behind where I would normally be - but at least it its all in motion now.

The sun has been shining today, and I have sat in garden for a while too - just relaxing. I am looking forward to completing my year of teaching, and returning to supply teaching in September. I have missed being able to craft and create in my own time - everything this past year has been very pressured and constrained by time. That said, I'll probably be worrying by October that I don't have enough work to pay the bills!

So, I have decided to start blogging some of the cards I have created for family and friends over the past few months, and hopefully this will get me back into blogging more regularly!

I'm starting with a card from April. This was my niece's birthday card back in April. 
At the time, she was a blue belt (hence the colour scheme) but this past week has gained her purple belt! 
I used Promarkers to colour in the Karate Girl image from Mo's Digital Pencil. It's so long ago, that I can't actually remember which pens I used. I know I used Joanna Sheen's Elegance card to print the image on.

The blue card is from my local market, and the patterned card from DCWV Spring Glitter Stack. I used Spellbinder Classic Triple Scallop Edgeability, and an insert from the Classic Postage set to create the decorative edge. The fancy mat is Spellbinder Decorative Labels  27 (cut in half). The lettering is cut using X-Cut dies, and I added a piece of pink ribbon, and blue and pink pearls from my stash.

I would like to enter this into:
Send a Smile for Kids - For the Girls

Hopefully be back with another post soon!! 

Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx