About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Lucky Dip!!

You'll be glad to hear I am pretty much back to normal after my little throat infection. I haven't had much time to craft as we had to catch up on all the planned Easter Holiday jobs around the house that went by the by when I was ill. So I'm just about sorted, tidied, rearranged, cleaned and painted out!! Need to get into the greenhouse at some point too - luckily it's all pretty much looking after itself at the moment - just a bit of potting on to do!! 

I'm hoping this week to get back to Zumba, and restart my preparation for Race for Life - my toe is just about OK now - still a bit sore - but hopefully will hold up to some exercise.

Well, so as I don't break my 'one blog a week' resolution here are a few cards made from what I pulled from my lucky dip 'kit' box. In the past I have been a real sucker for buying card kits. I'm getting better at resisting - but I still have loads of bits left - all sorted and ready to be made up in my 'lucky dip' box. 



These are all from the Hunkydory Butterfly Jewels Amethyst Collection. The A5 base cards are foiled and printed already, so not much extra was needed. All I've added is some silver mirror card. The first topper is simply matted and layered onto silver mirror card, and a piece of the co-ordinating backing paper. The corners were rounded with an X-Cut corner rounder punch. I added some silver flourishes cut with Spellbinders Flourish Accent Dies. As a finishing touch I glazed the larger jewels on the main image.


The second topper was mounted onto a piece of co-ordinating paper cut using a Spellbinder Romantic Rectangle, and then onto silver mirror card. This time I glazed the large jewels in the image, and also around the border. 




For the third and final card, I cut the paper with Spellbinders Lace Doily Motif die, and mounted both onto silver card, and another piece of co-ordinating paper - the corners rounded with the X-Cut punch. And of course, I glazed the jewels in the image and border. 


Think that's just about it. Until the next time....

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx