About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 9 July 2010

.... and back down south again!!

Just thought I'd update you and let you know I got home OK. The lovely Welshmen fixed my tyre just in time for me to get to my course before it started. I've had a very tiring - but very worthwhile - three days increasing my invertebrate knowledge (and getting very wet and bitten to death in the process), and investigating new and different ways of engaging the kiddies when learning about creepy crawlies!!

And along the way, I have consumed an inordinate amount of food!!! Blimey!! Cooked lunch, homemade cake at afternoon tea, and a three course dinner - and that was just the first day!! Add in a cooked breakfast on the following two days as well, and I have never eaten so much food in such a short space of time!!

So now I arrived back from a very damp Wales to a very warm and dry Dorset !! No mishaps on this journey. But was a much nicer one not just because of that. On the way up, I had taken advice from family about the best way to get there, and so had programmed my sat nav to go via these places - basically motorways for a lot of it. On the way back I decided to just let the sat nav take me where it wanted (I know my lovely sister-in-law has fallen out with her sat nav, but I have a great affection for mine and trust it implicitly - well, most of the time). I don't mind driving long distances, but I don't really like motorways, and the roadworks I went through on the way up looked to have the potential to be worse going home.

As it turned out I've had a lovely trip including a lot of reminiscing. I drove all the way through Wales from North to South, passing through mid Wales (as you obviously would!!) where we spent many childhood holidays with friends of my parents. Passed one of the parks we used to play in and it reminded me of winter snowball fights we had there!! Then further down, I crossed the New Severn Crossing. When I was doing my teacher training in Bristol, it was still being constructed (showing my age now!!) and we did a project looking at bridges and how it could be incorporated into the curriculum through maths and design technology! Yawn!!!!!

Then I picked up the route I used to travel back to Dorset from Bristol when I went home from Uni, remembering the exact point at the side of the road where I threw up on one particular journey! My Mum had come to collect me after I got a really nasty chest infection - and I was feeling very poorly!!

And nearer to home, I passed the little village pub where my husband and I had our first two dates!! It all really helped to pass a very long journey. And hopefully, the Red Bull shot will wear off soon, and I will be able to get the sleep that I know my body is in desperate need of!!

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx