About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 5 June 2010

Picture .... not so perfect....?

Ok, so while I ponder the more serious questions of money (and another that's cropped up - post and packing), I decided to try to perfect the technique of photographing my cards accurately.

I've always photographed my cards, as a record for myself of all my designs. But now I need to be able to take pictures that accurately represent my cards - and are not just a blurred representation that only I recognise.

It may seem fairly simple to you, and I'm sure my husband would agree (in his spare time he takes wildlife photos - one just recently published in our local paper!!), but I'm more of a snapshot kinda girl! Friends, family, holidays - that sort of stuff. So this is going to be a challenge.

So I've cleared an area at the side of my desk to set up as a "photo studio". Sounds grand until you realise it's just my filing cabinet with the curtain pulled over the top of it.

Anyway, have had a go photographing some "quick makes" I did recently. Have gone with a "floral" theme for the "dressing" of the photo (who knows if that's the correct terminology - but is sounds good!!) But that's only really because I have loads of fabric flowers in my crafty stash, and didn't really know what else to do.

So, here they are. Let me know what you think!! Leave a message here on the blog - or alternately in the guestbook on my website.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Cxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx