About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 17 November 2015

A Little Baking!!

Evening! Thought I would share with you the card I made for my niece's birthday. She loves baking, so this Baking Shelf image from Just Inklined - coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens - was perfect for her. She also loves purple - hence the colour scheme.
The colours I have used are as follows:
Shelf- EB6, 7; Wooden Spoons - GB8, 10; Packets - EB1, 2; Metal - IG3, 5, 7; Purple Handles and Pot Label - LV2, HB3; Packet Labels - HB2; Handles and Vanilla Bottle - LY2, 3. 

It doesn't really show up on the picture, but the base card has a really lovely pearlescent sheen to it. The yellow and purple card is from my stash, as is the ribbon and the button. 

The letters and numbers are Crafter's Companion Die'sire 1" Alphabet and Numbers.

I would like to enter this into:
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes with a Twist - Use some Purple
Get Creative Challenges - #28 Birthday

Back soon,
Cxxx

4 comments:

  1. Love the color combination. Glad you were able to join us at Get Creative Challenges for our Blogaversary!

    Camille - Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carole love the image and detail, your Neice will love it.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 112 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice creation. I really like the color scheme. Thank you for joining our "Birthday" challenge at Get Creative and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx