About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Tuesday 7 July 2015

More Nordic Christmas

Morning! Back with another sneak peek from the fab new Crafter's Companion Nordic Christmas Collection. 
The base card for this is made from A4 Matt Black card. I scored one piece at 8" and folded it. Then attached another piece of A4 to the flap - and then trimmed. The image for this card is one of the 3D Toppers. The image is created to look three dimensional - but I couldn't resist printing a second copy and doing a bit of decoupage. I used a couple of the papers from the CD to matt and layer with more Matt Black card. 

I then used lots of elements from the Embellishments section to echo the elements on the topper - a stocking, bunting and candy cane - and I used my Die'sire Holly die with one of the papers. The 'Happy Christmas' is from the Sentiments section - and again, I printed a second copy so I could decoupage it!!
Don't forget to tune into Ideal World at 9pm to see Fiona launch this fab new collection!

Cxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card lovely image and gorgeous detail, love the candy canes.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx