About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 13 July 2015

Crafty Cardmakers & More - #143 Water

Good afternoon! It's time for another challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. And this fortnight our theme is water.You may choose rain, a lake, the ocean - or underneath the water. Or maybe even a bath!! 

I have created something a little different for this challenge - and made a digital scrapbook layout. I love the idea of scrapbooking but find I never really have time to do it justice - but I really love using Serif Craft Artist.
I also really love that the summer is here - and I can get out onto the water and have a bit of fun!! So, I have used a couple of photographs of me on my paddleboard - and one of me recently learning to windsurf!! The frames, from the Henna digikit, are ones that you can just drag the photo into, and they are automatically fitted in.

The blue background is from the Digi Tangle kit, as is the beige piece across the middle (materials section). I overlaid both with patterns from the Digiboss Essentials kit. The blue hessian strip is an embellishment from Sew Lovely, the lace from British Street Party, the brown ribbon from All That Glitters and the blue dotty one, from Cherish.

For decoration, I used swirls from Swirls, the little whirlpool effect and the rays are from Holiday Photobook, and the bird and pearls are from Eccentric Carousel. And the little bit of journalling is on a piece from This Carefree Day.

Now it might seem like I have a lot of digikits - well I have a few, but to be honest many of them are from the Free section. There are only a couple I have bought. It's just a case of mixing and matching what you want - and you can always change the colour of a lot of the embellishments to match your layout.

So, be sure to pop over to the Crafty Cardmakers and More blog to check out all the inspiration from the rest of the team. And we look forward to seeing your creations.

I would like to enter this into:
Crafting When We Can - #98 Summer Fun
Craft for the Craic - Summer Time
Crafty Catz - #287 Summer Time

Cxxx


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous page Carole love the design,
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love digital scrapbooking and your page looks fabulous! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful scrapbook layout Carole. I love all the different shades and textures you have used and the little brads, seagull and flourishes are great details. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx