About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 19 November 2011

Butterfly Jewels!

When it came to making an anniversary card for my OH's Mum and Stepdad. I rummaged through my stash for this Hunkydory Butterfly Jewels collection. I have a tendency, when I buy topper, paper and cardstock kits like this, to sort through it and put toppers, matching papers, base cards and envelopes together into individual plastic wallets which I keep in a (rather large) plastic box (well - it's more like a crate). That way, I can just rummage either when I need a card, or when I have time on my hands for general card making - and half the hassle of decision making is already done.

So, my rummaging found the makings of two cards - 'With Love' for the anniversary card - and a bonus 'Happy Birthday' one thrown in for good measure. The a6 card bases are made from an a4 sheet of silk art card, and the toppers are mounted onto co-ordinating paper. I used the triple scallop edgeability with an insert to edge the silver mirror card for the 'Happy Birthday' card, and used the 'waste' of that with another insert for the 'With Love' card.

I forgot to take a photo of the anniversary card before I sent it, but this is the Happy Birthday one!!



A little organza ribbon through the tag, and a delicate application of glaze to make the larger jewels stand out, and they're finished.

Two similar - yet different - cards!! (Although you obviously can only see one of them!!)

Cxx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Carole! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled :-)

    Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I have to admit I love purple and silver together and the organza on the tag looks great.

    I wish I was as organised as you, my craft stash is all over the place!

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx