About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 12 May 2018

Applique Card - Flowers

Was feeling adventurous with this one. I wanted to do some sewing and be able to use it to create a card. I started by ironing on Heat & Bond Lite Adhesive (which is sewable) to pieces of fabric from my scrap box, then used Crafter's Companion Die'sire Spring Flowers Mixed Media dies to cut out the shapes.
These were ironed onto a piece of white cotton and sewn with my sewing machine. This was placed on a piece of patterned fabric, and with thin wadding and interfacing underneath. I used decorative stitches on my sewing machine to quilt them together. 

I used red tape to attach this to an 8x8 card base, and cut a circular aperture with Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circle in a piece of Kanban British Birds card, to provide a frame and cover the edges of the material.

Finally, I finished off with ribbon and paper roses.

Cxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx