About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 22 September 2017

Mixed Media Hearts

Morning. Today I have a bit of mixed media for you, using Crafter's Companion Die'sire Mixed Media Contemporary Hearts.
I started with one of those black framed mirrors from Ikea (bought loads ages ago and am still working through them!!  I used Sheena Douglass Pop Dotty stencil with some Pebeo Modelling Paste to create a textured background.
I then painted over this with Pebeo Black Gesso.
Next I cut a load of hearts from a range of materials - black and white mountboard, self adhesive vinyl, self adhesive velvet, craft metal, and textured grungeboard. I added some onto one corner for texture and painted over with Pebeo Iridescent Blue Black paint.
The rest of the hearts were arranged on the frame after sponging some with the Iridescent Blue Black paint, and also Iridescent Silver. Finally, I stamped a sentiment and mounted it onto a piece of black card sponged with the Iridescent Blue Black paint.
Take care,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx