About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 28 March 2016

Day 88 - Glittery Wellies!!

So, today I had a little time to play, and took the pieces of watercolour card I'd washed yesterday for backgrounds and made them a bit more interesting. On a white tile, I put some Moonlight Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen and watered it down. I then used it to stamp the raindrops from Crafter's Companion Textures Elements Wet and Windy stamps.
I repeated this with the Hearthside pen and one of the stamps from Textures Splats and Stains.
These were then used to create the mats and layers for the card to go with image I coloured yesterday from the "Daisy Mae Draws - Days of Summer" Ready to Colour Art Book from the Hobby House. I used Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens - Peacock Blue, Hearthside and Sage from the Vintage set; Red Berry and Holly Leaf from Autumn/Winter; Rose Quartz and Moonlight from Spring/Summer; and Sterling Silver from the Metallics.
For the decorative circular mat, I used Crafter's Companion Die'sire Spring Garden Decorative Create a Card - cutting one half, then turning the die round and cutting the other. The flowers are Die'sire Essentials Flowers for All Occasions 4. 
I rather enjoyed making this - nice and bright and cheerful - and appropriate with all the rain we've been having recently!
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx