Evening all!! Well, after setting up the AquaTints yesterday, I created a few different backgrounds. And I used one of them to create the card that is today's image.
This started life as this:
I used Sheena White Stamping card and three AquaTints: 02 from Perfectly Primary, 03 from Landscape, and 05 from Pretty Pastels, and attempted the clingfilm technique. Have to say it wasn't overly successful - but you can sort of see it in the middle.
This colour made me think of using the Textures Elements Waves folder, so I ran it through my machine.
I then randombly dabbed a little glycerin into the debossed areas with a paintbrush - just enough to hold some Stampendous Shabby Blue Frantage while I embossed it from underneath.
I then cut it down to 8x8 size to fit on a card front .....
... and inked the edges with Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks.
It needed something more so I inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink, and also went over the embossing with it too.
And (it doesn't really show in the photo) I then went over with Pebeo Empire Gold Gilding Wax.
To create the card, I took some cheap brown paper flowers (think they were Poundland), and used Gesso and Aquatints to colour them, before adding some gilding wax.
The words are from Textures Elements stamps - Words to Inspire 1. I did not mount the stamps on a block but inked them with Blueprint Sketch on my craft mat, leaving on any ink that hit the sides. This helped to provide an edging to the word when I pressed them onto the card.
I cut a square out of the centre of the embossed background, mounted it, and slightly offset it to create a bit of height in the middle.
The colours in the final photo look a little different - I think it's because I photographed it against a white background, while the rest were taken with my craft mat as the background.
Hopefully in the coming days, I will make up some of the other backgrounds into cards and share them.