Evening! After just about getting in my post yesterday, I am a little more prepared today!! I had a little bit of time to play today. My aim was to make a red background for a card I am making - but unfortunately my attempts turned out a bit too pink - so they'll just go in my box of bits.
I still had fun doing it - although I have quite red fingers too!! So, I used my Aquatints (12, 15, 16) and wanted to try out two different techniques to see what I liked best. One is using rock salt - the other using clingfilm.
I started with the rock salt technique, using all three colours diagonally across the paper - and already at this point I could see the combination was too pink. I then added some rock salt on top while it was still wet. Once it's dry you just brush off the salt and voila! I do like this - and am sure I'll use it at some point.
For the clingfilm technique, I used lots of mostly 12 and 16 as it seemed 15 was the more pink tone. And at this point it looked a much more promising colour.
I then covered it with clingfilm, scrunching it up in places. Once dry, I removed the clingfilm, and again, it was too pink for what I wanted. But I do love the patterns the clingfilm leaves.
So, am back to the drawing board for my background - might try my Spectrum Aquas - or even my Spectrum Noirs with my e-Brush. But that's for another day.